This position will be primarily engaged in the design and development effort of automotive electronics accessory systems and peripheral equipment. This position is required to serve as a project lead overseeing the overall development cycle of product such as concept, design, evaluation, sample deliverables, production, and quality assurance while understanding the system architecture, hardware, software, vehicle interface, and customer/internal requirements. This position will be a main communication window for interfacing customers in US as well as for coordinating with related internal departments in US and counterpart in Japan for the success of efforts mentioned above.
The ideal candidate would have strong knowledge and expertise in full OEM development cycle of automotive electronics components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and all other duties assigned by the Company’s management within the employee’s skills and capabilities, legal compliance, and safety compliance and within moral and ethical standards. Other duties may be assigned.
Proactively provide engineering services and solutions for all electrical related matters.
Main responsibilities include leading the team efforts of the below tasks:
? Serve as the first point of contact for customers, partner suppliers, and internal groups such as product development, production, quality assurance, and service for any associated topics along product development.
? Follow up and maintain timeline (progress check) with related entities including product development team in Japan, manufacturing plant, quality assurance group and main local clients.
? Create engineering documents for design proposals, design analysis result, test results in the professional document format. Request necessary input from product development team as part of preparation.
? Provide proposals on functions, interface specifications, and application specifications as needed for continuous improvement concerning development efficiency, quality/performance, and cost of final product.
? Prepare proof of concept/working prototype as part of architectural planning and development when necessary.
? Responsible for reviewing and negotiating engineering related specifications and requirements.
? Develop and maintain open issue list for meetings with customer, partner suppliers, and product development team in Japan.
? Prepare meeting minutes for all engineering meetings with internal entities, customers, partner suppliers.
? Monitor and track work progress of partner suppliers periodically and conduct design reviews to identify troubles and reflection at early stage for prevention of delivery delay and quality issues.
? Create and maintain system validation plan in cooperation with partner suppliers.
? Perform system tests in accordance with validation plan.
? Report test status to the customer.
? Lead effort and prepare preventive and disciplinary report when improvement is required.
? Customer plant support during product launch period as needed.
? Provide engineering support for Manufacturing as needed.
? Keep track on technology and market trend relating to consumer electronics, web based applications, network/server services, and smartphone application in North America, and prepare report as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in hardware/software implementation of automotive electronics components along with automotive electronics system requirements and specifications.
- Experience in overall development cycle of automotive electronics system for major automotive OEMs, and understanding of all basic deliverables and documentations required.
- Strong background in defining specification, architecture, design of electronics, circuitry, PCB assemblies and hardware.
- Experience in managing suppliers along with internal departments through the specifications, requirements, development, planning and execution of full validation models.
- Lead design reviews and product reviews.
- Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
- Willing to support and work on various issues as needed such as mechanical, electrical, and software issues to make sure on-time deliveries and quality customer support.
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for assignments.
- Strong teamwork skills. Able to develop consensus and move the program forward. Develop win-win situations.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Willing to work with cross-cultural teams.
- Proficiency with MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc)
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Have working knowledge of protocols that are required for interaction between the software transport layer and the vehicle architecture is preferred.
- Experience in various programming languages and software development tools such as C, C , JAVA, Xcode, etc.
- Experience with embedded automotive infotainment OS such as Windows, Linux, QNX
- Experience with wireless communications protocols: LTE, CDMA, GSM, SMS, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Strong understanding of fundamental IT structure, protocol and terminology as well as TCP/IP
- Understanding of internet protocol such as HTTP or Web service.
- Knowledge of electrical and communication system technology of vehicle architectures (CAN, LIN, MOST, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of electronic devices and control microprocessors.
- Experience with software architecture and application development in cell phone industry.
- Fundamental knowledge related to mechanical engineering such as unit packaging, mechanical component interface, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Experience with developing, completing and evaluating FMEA’s and DV/PV plans.
- Computer literacy with CATIA, circuitry software such as CR5000.
- Strong interests in consumer electronics, web based services, network services, automotive industry, and related technology trend.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical engineering, computer science, telematics, wireless, software architecture, or related fields.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Proficient in Japanese must be able to read, write and speak fluently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally write. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE
This position does not require any specific certificates and licenses.
This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level.
This certifies that I have read and reviewed the responsibilities of this position and know it is my duty to notify my manager whenever these responsibilities are not being achieved.